Thursday, August 5, 2010

What's on my box


I never thought of myself as someone who would settle in on a Sunday night with a cup of tea to watch a spot of telly, but I have to say there have been some excellent shows on offer of late.



Firstly, my number one show is Lewis. I am mad on it. I have a MASSIVE crush on Laurence Fox who plays this Cambridge educated ex priest who is now a detective in Oxford. It's all a bit twee but I loves it. The only problem is everytime I watch it I have a burning desire to go to Oxford and be a student, which lets face it is never going to happen. And Laurence is married to bloody Billie Piper. Bitch. He looks like a Swede too. :(










Seriously, is there anything more attractive than a man with a baby?These pics are a case in point. SWOON!!!



























Ok, so secondly The Thick of It. It is fucking hilarious, and I have a total crush on Malcolm Tucker. The Thick of it is currently on RTE 2 late on Thursday nights, and you won't regret spending half an hour with them.






Thirdly, and as much as a shock to me as it may be to you, Sherlock. The final episode will air this Sunday on BBC 1 at 8pm. The dynamic of Benedict Cumerbatch as Sherlock, and Martin Freeman, he of the famous cut away to camera from the Office as Watson is excellent. It's such a suprising combo but they have a great chemistry. It's tongue in cheek references to the duo's house arrangements aside, it really does have excellent stories and acting. Cumerbatch is a chameleon. You'll have seen him in tons of stuff and not realised it's him. Starter for 10, Atonement. etc.

Catch it this Sunday and await the new series sometime later this year.

No comments: